The Aquarian Teacher
220 Hour Instructor Certification in Kundalini Yoga
Immerse Yourself in the Sacred Vibration of Kundalini Yoga
Awaken your potential to self mastery through the science of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan. This program will take you on a journey of self-development and deep self awareness to generate profound and lasting change in your life. It is designed for everyone—whether you would like to become a certified teacher or deepen your experience of Kundalini Yoga and expand your consciousness. Using these ancient, yet timely teachings you will move beyond subconscious limitations and gain a more authentic sense of your life’s purpose and meaning.
The comprehensive skills learned throughout the course enhance career, relationships and overall well-being and increase the quality of life. This is an opportunity to explore, grow, heal and thrive under the guidance of teachers who studied directly under Yogi Bhajan and are dedicated to maintaining the purity of his message, “Happiness is your birthright.” The Aquarian Teacher Training program is the KRI Level One Certification Program in Kundalini Yoga to become an instructor and gain a deep, experiential understanding of the core science of Kundalini yoga.
The 220-hour Course Curriculum includes:
- Meditation and the Mind
- Postures, Kriyas and Mantras
- Science of Breath and Sound
- Yogic and Western Anatomy
- The Origins and History of Yoga
- Yogic Philosophy, Psychology and Physiology
- Yogic Lifestyle, Diet and Nutrition
- Humanology, the applied science of the human psyche for fulfillment of our potential in body, mind, and spirit.
- Sadhana: Developing a daily Spiritual Practice
- Code of Ethics of a Kundalini Yoga Teacher
- The Role and Identity of a Kundalini Yoga Teacher
- Teaching and building a profession
- This course features specialized training in key areas:
- Practicums and Written Exam
- Sound current and the naad, with Dev Suroop Kaur
- Yogic diet and the science of Ayurveda, with Deva Kaur
- Yogic and physical anatomy, with Dr. Japa Kaur
- Stress managaement technology, with Gurumeet Kaur
- September 2018 through April 2019, on alternate weekends (twice monthly)
- Saturdays 1pm to 6:30pm; Sundays 10:30am to 6pm
- Sept 29-30; Oct 13-14 & 27-28; Nov 10-11; Dec 1-2 & 15-16; Jan 12-13 & 26-27;
- Feb 9-10 & 23-24; Mar 9-10 & 23-24; Apr 6-7 & 27-28
- $3,298 program fee
- $2,998 discounted fee if paid in full by July 1, 2018
- plus NM sales tax
Program fee incudes
- Three KRI Manuals:
- The Aquarian Teacher Yoga Sets Manual
- The Masters Touch
- The Aquarian Teacher Level One Instructor Textbook
- One year membership in the International Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association (IKYTA)
Dev Suroop Kaur, (Lead Trainer) has immersed herself in Kundalini Yoga and the sound current since 1983, recording transformational music and become a KRI Certified Kundalini Yoga Lead Teacher Trainer. Yogi Bhajan recognized the penetrating and healing power of her voice and directly trained her in Naad Yoga techniques, to more deeply access the power and depth of her voice and teach that to others. He also guided her as a business executive, always demanding that she settle for nothing less than excellence. This direct training in her professional and music endeavors has endured in a more subtle, yet even more powerful, way since that time.
Gurumeet Kaur, E-RYT is a Professional Teacher Trainer, Minister of Divinity of Sikh Dharma, and Director of Create Inner Peace, specializing in Stress Recovery and Addiction Healing technology. Teaching for more than 30 years, Gurumeet served as one of Yogi Bhajan’s body guards. Create Inner Peace provides group and individual coaching for transformational self-empowerment and self-autonomy.
Japa Kaur, Doctor Oriental Medicine, Certified Yoga Therapist is the co author of Enlightened Bodies: Exploring Physical and Subtle Human Anatomy. She is a Kundalini Yoga teacher and a Professional Trainer. She is a Doctor of Oriental Medicine combining traditional acupuncture with herbal and nutritional medicine, numerology and energy healing. Her work with patients and students emphasizes optimal health and personal transformation through self-care and awareness of the interconnectedness of all life.
Deva Kaur, AHP, BA, RYT is a Professional Teacher Trainer, Ayurvedic Health Practitioner, cookbook author, and cleansing expert. Deva embodies the spirit of a healthy lifestyle and is the owner of Deva Health, featuring The Cleanse of Santa Fe™ and Whole Self Recovery. She is a certified hypnotherapist and teaches Ayurvedic cooking and raw food prep classes. She also is a personal vegetarian chef for people in New Mexico. Deva is passionate about empowering people to take control of their health and lives with Yoga, Ayurveda, and conscious living.